Murrumbidgee Land Use Plan 2020
Planning for the long term use of land in our area
We are currently undertaking a review of planning controls that affect land use and development in our area. The information we gather will be used to prepare the Murrumbidgee Land Use Strategy.
This includes looking into things like:
- Any constraints, issues and opportunities that might affect future development
- The need for any rezonings and controls that affect development
- Whether additional residential, business, industrial and recreation areas are required
- The adequacy of our services, facilities and infrastructure
- Ways to promote the liveability of our towns and communities and measures to encourage population increase and business investment
Community input is vital so as to develop a hollistic vision of how our area will look in 20-30 years.
A survey was undertaken during May to give the community an opportunity to comment on future and current land use in the Council area.
|April-May 2020||Background review and research|
|April-May 2020||First community consultation|
|June 2020||Preparation of draft plan|
|June 2020||Second community consultation|
|July 2020||Finalise plan|
Contact the Environmental Services team at Council on 1300 676 243 or project consultants Habitat Planning on (02) 6021 0662.