Murrumbidgee Council is a member of the Western Riverina Library Service. This gives borrowers access to resources from all of the libraries throughout the Western Riverina region. Digital facilities where you can listen, read, watch and learn at home or on the go include:
- Books - BorrowBox and IndyReads for free immediate access to eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Kids - Storybox Library features award-winning authors and actors who read all your favourite books and stories
- Magazines - 100s of eMagazines available through 'Libby'
- Study - Encyclopaedia Britannica and Research Databases always open
- Catalogue - You can search the catalogue of available resources here
Our digital library is available on your PC, Mac, tablet and smartphone. WRL’s Digital Library apps and digital resources are free for library members.
Use your Library membership number and date-of-birth PIN/password.
It's available 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
Previously located at the Old Court House, the current library was opened on 15 April 2009. This striking building has a combination of historic and modern influences and is a replica of the original “Banksi” which once stood at the site. Some of the material was recycled from the original building, including a front window, doors, a mantelpiece and a ceiling rose which is a feature in the “Banksi” room, named after the original building.
Another impressive part of the building is the glass panels at the entrance. These were created by local artist Helene Mortlock and showcase Jerilderie's rich history with drawings and photos. The panels can be viewed during normal library opening hours.
The library also has a separate meeting room available for hire, the Monash Media Room. Bookings for the Monash Media Room can be made through the Council Office, by telephoning 03 5886 1200. Monash Media Room Floor Plan
We have free WiFi that can be accessed from inside and outside the library building.
- Monday 10 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday CLOSED
- Wednesday 10 am to 6 pm
- Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
- Friday 10 am to 5 pm
We are closed daily for lunch from 12 pm to 12.30 pm
T: 03 5886 1868
The Jerilderie Library is located at 41-43 Jerilderie Street.
What's on at Jerilderie Library
- Storytime for Babies and Toddlers - 10.30 am Wednesday and Friday. Limited places are available. Bookings are essential.
- Family History Group - Mondays 11 am
- Knitting/Crochet Group - Thursday mornings 10 am to 11 am
- Movies at the Library - 3rd Wednesday of each month at 1.00 pm. During School Holidays - 10.30 am
- Audio Books
- Computer for Public Use
- Inter-Library Loans
- Large Print Books
- New Releases
- Music CDs
- Children's Books - large range
- Reference materials
- Community Information
- Facsimile Service - sending and receiving
- Pamphlet files
- Laminating Service
- Scanning Service
- Free Internet Access
- Young Adult Resources
- Xbox with various games
Do you want your child to grow up with a love of reading? Join the 1000 Books Before School program!We are proudly participating in the 1000 Books Before School Program. This free early literacy program is designed to instil a love of reading in children and help them build important literacy skills prior to starting school. It also aims to encourage parents and carers to read with their children in preparation for school. Find out more.
Onboard, visitors can browse and borrow books and DVDs, access free Wi-Fi, and speak with experienced Library staff about all things reading and research. The Mobile Library visits Coleambally and Darlington Point weekly:
- Coleambally each Wednesday out the front of Coleambally Community Hall on Kingfisher Avenue from 1 pm to 3.30 pm.