Murrumbidgee Council is a member of the Western Riverina Library Service. This gives borrowers access to resources from all of the libraries throughout the Western Riverina region. Digital facilities where you can listen, read, watch and learn at home or on the go include:
- Books - BorrowBox and IndyReads for free immediate access to eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Kids - Storybox Library features award-winning authors and actors who read all your favourite books and stories
- Magazines - 100s of eMagazines available through BorrowBox
- Choice Magazine
- Study - Encyclopaedia Britannica and Research Databases always open
- Catalogue - You can search the catalogue of available resources here
Our digital library is available on your PC, Mac, tablet and smartphone. WRL’s Digital Library app and digital resources are free for library members.
To access the services using your online account, use your Library membership number (starts with a W) and your date-of-birth PIN/password.
It's available 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
Mobile Library - Coleambally and Darlington Point
Onboard, visitors can browse and borrow books and DVDs, access free Wi-Fi, and speak with experienced Library staff about all things reading and research. The Mobile Library visits Coleambally and Darlington Point weekly:
- Coleambally each Wednesday out the front of Coleambally Community Hall on Kingfisher Avenue from 1 pm to 3.30 pm.
- Darlington Point each Thursday between the Council Chambers and the Medical Centre from 2 pm to 4.15 pm
More information or call 02 6962 8300
- Monday 10 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday CLOSED
- Wednesday 10 am to 6 pm
- Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
- Friday 10 am to 5 pm
We are closed daily for lunch from 12 pm to 12.30 pm
T: 03 5886 1868
The Jerilderie Library is located at 41-43 Jerilderie Street.
Activities at Jerilderie Library
- Storytime for babies and toddlers - 10.30 am on Wednesday and Friday. All welcome.
- Knitting/Crochet Group - Thursday mornings from 10 am to 12 noon
- Movies - 1st Friday of each month at 1 pm. During School Holidays - enquire at the library
- Free wi-fi (accessible inside and outside of the building)
- Computers for public use
- Extensive range of books, including new releases, large print books, children's books and reference material
- DVDs and music CDs
- Community Information
- Facsimile service
- Laminating service
- Scanning service - bring your own USB
- Young adult resources
- Lego table
- Xbox with various games
The architecture in the library has a combination of historic and modern influences and is a replica of the original “Banksi” which once stood at the site. Some of the material was recycled from the original building, including a front window, doors, a mantelpiece and a ceiling rose which is a feature in the “Banksi” room, named after the original building. Another impressive part of the building is the glass panels at the entrance. These were created by local artist Helene Mortlock and showcase Jerilderie's rich history with drawings and photos. The panels can be viewed during normal library opening hours.
The library also has a separate meeting room available for hire, the Monash Media Room. Bookings for the Monash Media Room can be made through the Council Office, by telephoning 03 5886 1200. Monash Media Room Floor Plan
1000 Books Before School program