Council minutes and business papers can be found here.
COVID-19 and Council Meetings
The Office of Local Government circular 20-28 - Rules on attendance at Council and Committee Meetings during the COVID-19 Pandemic as at 1 July 2020 - contains the following advice:
- Councillors and Council staff may attend Council and Committee Meetings in person. However, Councils must continue to allow Councillors and staff to attend and participate in meetings by audio visual links where it is reasonably practicable to do so.
- Members of the public are permitted to attend meetings. However Councils must not allow persons to attend a meeting if the size of the meeting venue is insufficient to ensure there is 4 square metres of space for each person attending the meeting.
- Councillors and Council staff are not to be counted when calculating the space available for each person at the meeting venue and the number of persons who are attending a meeting.
- Where Councils exclude members of the public from meetings, they must livestream their meetings using audio-visual links to satisfy the requirement under Section 10 of the Local Government Act 1993 for members of the public to be permitted to "attend" meetings.
- Council meetings will be live-streamed to the Murrumbidgee Council facebook page.
Monthly Meeting Commencement Times
Council’s monthly meetings will commence at 1.00pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month, excluding meetings held in December and January.
Webcasting of Council meetings
From 14 December 2019 Councils were required to webcast meetings of the Council, and meetings of Committees whose membership comprises only of Councillors. An audio or video recording will be available on Council's website following each meeting.
|Council Meeting Date||Venue|
|Tuesday 27 October 2020||Jerilderie Civic Hall|
|Tuesday 24 November 2020||Jerilderie Civic Hall|
|Thursday 17 December 2020||Jerilderie Civic Hall|
|Tuesday 23 February 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 23 March 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 27 April 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 25 May 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 22 June 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 27 July 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 24 August 2021||To be determined|
|Tuesday 28 September 2021||To be determined|
Local Government is the tier of Government that is closest to the people. As such, it offers many opportunities for local residents to become involved in it, either in the decision making process or in a more practical hands-on role.