Council Elections

Murrumbidgee Council Wards Map

Murrumbidgee Council - Local Government Area Map

Past Elections

Local Government Election December 2022

The following Councillors were officially declared elected by the NSW Electoral Commission on 22 December 2021.

Jerilderie Ward: Ruth McRae, Troy Mauger and Faith Bryce
Murrumbidgee East: Timothy Strachan, Christine Chirgwin and Robert Black
Murrumbidgee: Gavin Gilbert, Judith Saxvik and Robert Curphey

They took their affirmation/oath of office at the Council meeting on Thursday 23 December 2021. 

NSW Electoral Commission results page.

Local Government By-election 2018

Due to the resignation of Cr Austin Evans, Cr Pat Brown was elected at a by-election in the Murrumbidgee East Ward held on 10 March 2018.

Local Government Election 2017

Local Government elections were held in NSW on Saturday 9 September 2017

Visit the Electoral Commission website to see the results

Candidates were as follows:


There was NO election in the Jerilderie Ward.

Mrs Faith BRYCE
Mrs Ruth McRAE
Mrs Angelina (Gaila) SMITH

Councillor Candidates - Jerilderie Ward   UNCONTESTED


There was NO election in the Murrumbidgee East Ward.

Mr Robert BLACK
Mrs Christine CHIRGWIN
Mr Austin EVANS

Councillor Candidates - Murrumbidgee East Ward   UNCONTESTED


There were six nominations for three Councillor vacancies within the Murrumbidgee Ward. The ballot paper order and successful candidates were:

Mr Phillip WELLS - Elected
Mr Gavin GILBERT - Elected
Mr Paul Goodsall
Mr Robert Curphey - Elected
Mr Gordon Beaumont
Mr Allan Strachan

Councillor Candidates - Murrumbidgee Ward

For more information about local Council elections visit NSW Electoral Commission or Office of Local Government or their page on becoming a Councillor