Welcome to our Employment and Positions Vacant page.
Murrumbidgee Council is a great place to work. If you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, working for a progressive and innovative Council and making a difference to the community, please apply below.
If there are no positions advertised below, the application due date has already passed. Feel free to contact Council if you are interested in a Council position.
Human Resources Industrial Relations Specialist
This is a great opportunity to be part of the leadership team reporting directly to the General Manager.
The Human Resources Industrial Relations Specialist is responsible for providing high quality human resources and industrial relations guidance and support to management and employees.
The Human Resources Industrial Relations Specialist is responsible for monitoring the full range of Human Resource and Workplace Relations functions including: Industrial Relations; Payroll; Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S); Learning and Development; HR Systems, Policy and Procedures; Performance Management, Recruitment and Selection and HR Projects.
To be successful in this rewarding role you must meet the following selection criteria;
Qualifications and Experience
1. Tertiary qualifications in law, human resources, industrial relations or a related field and a minimum of 7 years’ experience at a senior level
2. Demonstrated experience in human resources, employment relations WH&S and associated legislation (including the Fair Work Commission National Employment Standards).
3. Previous experience representing an employer in commissions and tribunals including the NSW
Relations Commission or Fair Work Commission.
4. Demonstrated experience drafting and presenting reports
5. Effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings and engage with groups to achieve positive outcomes
6. Demonstrated time management and organising skills including the ability to plan, prioritise and work across competing demands
7. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite
8. White card (or general construction induction card)
9. Current C class Driver Licence and willingness to travel.
1. Previous recent experience in local government or other government entities is highly desirable
2. Certificate IV in training and assessment
An excellent salary and flexibility with location will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
For a confidential discussion please contact Will Wade Operations Manager on 02 6960 5500 or email email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on Friday 19 July 2019
MATERNITY LEAVE REPLACEMENT CLEANER JERILDERIE - COMMENCING 5 AUGUST 2019 FOR 7 MONTHS
Murrumbidgee Council has a vacancy for a maternity leave replacement cleaner to clean Council facilities and setup for functions at various Council facilities in Jerilderie (maternity leave provisions apply).
Council is looking for a motivated team player who is committed to providing quality cleaning services.
Experience in domestic or commercial cleaning, plus the flexibility to work at various times are all requirements of the role.
Ideally you will have:
Qualifications and experience:
- Cert II in cleaning operations or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial cleaning
- Class C drivers licence
- White card (or general construction induction card)
- Previous recent experience in local government or other government entities
- Manual Handling Training
LOCAL GOVERNMENT (STATE) AWARD 2017
Salary: Band 1 Level 2 Grade 2 $22 per hour or $836 per week.
Hours: 38 hours per week
If you believe you are the right person for this role please review the attached position description and provide a cover letter identifying your qualifications and previous experience.
For further information please contact Johann Pereira Operations Manager on 03 5886 1200 or Noel Peters in Human Resources on 02 6960 5500.
Your cover letter and a copy of your current resume, details of licences and tickets and at least 2 current work references should be forwarded to:
The General Manager, Murrumbidgee Council, PO Box 96, Jerilderie NSW 2716 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed 4 pm Friday 19 July 2019
COUNCIL IS RECRUITING TO OUR SHORT TERM AND CASUAL POOL
Darlington Point Council Depot
Coleambally Council Depot
Jerilderie Council Depot
Positions: Short term and casuals
Council seeks expressions of interest from enthusiastic and skilled persons to fill various short term and casual vacancies within Murrumbidgee Council’s operational workforce. These positions may be based at Council’s Depots in Darlington Point, Coleambally and Jerilderie.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2017. Council’s indoor full time staff work 35 hours per week and full time outdoor staff work a 38 hours per week. Casuals are employed on a daily basis as required.
For further information regarding positions please contact Noel Peters in Human Resources on phone: 02 6960 5500.
Your expression of interest including your current resume, details of licences and tickets and at least 2 work references should be forwarded to:
The General Manager, Murrumbidgee Council, PO Box 96, Jerilderie NSW 2716 or emailed to email@example.com.