Would you like to be involved with a Council committee?
Any member of the public can join a Section 355 Committee. You simply have to attend one of the committee meetings. You can check when the committee meets by calling us on 1300 676 243.
What is a Section 355 Committee?
A Section 355 Committee is a community committee. The name reflects the part of the Local Government Act (1993) that allows Council to delegate some functions to a Committee of Council.
Do Councillors or Council staff attend Committee meetings?
Each Council Committee has at least one Councillor as a member. Involvement on community committees is an important part of a Councillor's role as it allows them to gauge the areas of concern in the community and also to assist in prioritising any proposals for improvement, growth and development plans. Staff may also attend meetings of a Section 355 Community Committee.
More information on Section 355 Committees
For more information on your local community committee, please contact Council on 1300 676 243.
(determined at the September 2022 Council meeting)
Section 355 Committees of Council
- Coleambally Australia Day Committee - Cr Chirgwin
- Jerilderie Australia Day Committee - Cr McRae, Cr Bryce
- Coleambally Townlife Committee - Cr Chirgwin, Cr Strachan
- Darlington Point Townlife/Australia Day Committee - Cr Saxvik
- Heritage Darlington Point Cr Saxvik
- Balmeringa Management Committee - Cr Bryce
- Central Coree Sports Complex Management Committee - Cr Mauger
- Yamma Recreation Reserve Management Committee - Cr Chirgwin
- Jerilderie Tidy Towns Committee - Cr Bryce, Cr McRae
- Internal Audit, Risk & Improvement Committee - Cr Black and 2 independents - at least one with financial expertise
- General Manager’s Review Committee - Mayor and Deputy Mayor
- Traffic Committee - Cr Black (Chair) (alternate Cr Curphey) Voting Delegate – Director of Infrastructure Tom Dimec, Mr Ian Girdwood (represents Mr Justin Clancy MP), Mr Shawn Gras (represents Mrs Helen Dalton MP)
- Local Emergency Management Committee Cr Black (alternate Cr McRae)
- Monash Park Users - Cr Mauger, Cr McRae
- Coleambally Sports Precinct Advisory Committee - Cr Black (alternate Cr Chirgwin and Cr Strachan)
- Boat Ramp Darlington Point-Advisory Committee - Cr Curphey, Cr Saxvik and Cr Gilbert
- Darlington Point Master Landuse Plan Advisory Committee - Mayor, Cr Curphey, Cr Gilbert, Cr Saxvik
- Murrumbidgee Economic & Tourism Advisory Group (METAG) - Mayor
- Darlington Point Caravan Park Committee - Mayor, Cr Saxvik, Cr Gilbert
- Darlington Point Floodplain Risk Management Committee (formerly DP Levee Committee) - Cr Curphey, Cr Gilbert, Cr Saxvik
- CICL/Coleambally Environmental and Reference Committee (CERC) - Cr McRae (3 year term from 1 July 2020)
- Kidman Way Promotional Committee - Cr McRae (voting delegate) (alternate Cr Chirgwin)
- Newell Highway Promotional Committee - Mayor (alternate Deputy Mayor)
- Newell Highway Taskforce Committee - Mayor (alternate Deputy Mayor)
- Berrigan Jerilderie Community Network - Cr McRae
- Murray Darling Association Mayor (alternate Deputy Mayor)
- Western Riverina Libraries Committee - Cr Bryce (voting delegate)
- South West Zone Library Committee - Cr Bryce
- The Riverina (Thrive Riverina) - Cr McRae
- Roads and Maritime Services Consultative Committee - Mayor (alternate Deputy Mayor)
- RAMJO - Mayor (alternate Deputy Mayor)
- Riverina Valleys Spot On Spray Group - Cr Mauger (alternate Cr Black)
- Western Region Joint Planning Panel - Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Internal Council Committee
- Scholarship Committee - Council as a whole
- Community Grants Committee - Council as a whole