You may be eligible to receive assistance from the Home Support service if you are:
- An older person aged 65 or over and having difficulties managing in your own home (or over 55 if you are an Aboriginal person).
- A carer providing help to an older person aged 65 or over.
Services available to Jerilderie residents - provided by Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services
- Meals on Wheels - a locally prepared meal service to your home or frozen meal service is available every Wednesday. Call the office before Tuesday to book - provided by Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services.
- Home maintenance - a handyman service of minor repairs such as replacing tap washers, gutters cleaned, etc.
- Home modification - we can arrange for minor home modifications such as grab and shower rails, ramps etc.
- Community transport - assistance with individual transport for specialist and medical appointments.
- Social support - offering a range of practical support such as visiting, shopping and other related activities.
- Domestic assistance - general house cleaning.
- Personal care - assistance with self-care.
Community Care Coordinator
Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services
Dawe Avenue/PO Box 403
Finley NSW 2713
T: 03 5883 2044
Services available to Coleambally and Darlington Point residents - provided by Valmar Support Services
- Meals on Wheels – a frozen meal service is available every weekday. Call into the office to collect or call the coordinator to arrange delivery to your home.
- Home maintenance – a handyman service of minor repairs such as replacing tap washers, gutters cleaned, etc. COMING SOON Lawn Mowing Service
- Home modification - minor home Modifications such as grab and shower rails, ramps etc
- Community transport - individual/bus transport for specialist and medical appointments
- Social support - a range of practical support such as visiting, shopping and other related activities
- Domestic assistance - general house cleaning
- Personal care - assistance with self-care
- Centre based group respite
- Coleambally: Wednesdays, Coleambally Community Club at 12.00 pm for lunch, followed by bingo
- Darlington Point: Wednesdays, Darlington Point Sports Club at 10.00 am for morning tea, followed by bingo
Cherie Chirgwin, Coordinator
Valmar Support Services
T: 02 6969 1020
M: 0447 261 035
Valmar operates from the Murrumbidgee Council Coleambally office, 39 Brolga Place, Coleambally.
Services available to Coleambally and Darlington Point residents - provided by Meals on Wheels Griffith
Meals on Wheels - delivered on a Tuesday - please order before 12 noon each Monday
Supplying nutritiously balanced, home style cooked meals ready to heat! Free delivery!
Meals on Wheels Griffith
T: 02 6962 9997
Staying Healthy and Active
The Health Promotion Team in the Southern NSW and Murrumbidgee Local Health Networks trains and provides support to community volunteers to run Tai Chi for Arthritis and Community Exercise classes on a not-for-profit basis.
The NSW Department of Health's Active and Healthy Website enables older people and health professionals to access exercise programs in their local community that promote a healthy lifestyle. All classes have been identified as falls safe activities.
By simply entering a suburb, the NSW Active and Healthy website easily identifies a list of exercise programs offered by local providers.
The website also offers:
- Simple Home Based Exercise tips
- A Health and Lifestyle Checklist
- Tips for staying active and healthy