You may be eligible to receive assistance from the Home Support service if you are:
- An older person aged 65 or over and having difficulties managing in your own home (or over 55 if you are an Aboriginal person).
- A carer providing help to an older person aged 65 or over.
Services available to Jerilderie residents - provided by Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services
Meals on Wheels - A locally prepared meal service to your home or frozen meal service is available every Wednesday. Call the office before Tuesday to book - provided by Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services.
Home Maintenance - A handyman service of minor repairs such as replacing tap washers, gutters cleaned, etc.
Home Modification - We can arrange for minor home Modifications such as grab and shower rails, ramps etc.
Community Transport - Assistance with individual transport for specialist and medical appointments.
Social Support - Offering a range of practical support such as visiting, shopping and other related activities.
Domestic Assistance - General house cleaning.
Personal Care - Assistance with Self-Care.
Community Care Coordinator
Berrigan & District Home & Community Support Services
Dawe Avenue/PO Box 403
Finley NSW 2713
T: 03 5883 2044
Services available to Coleambally and Darlington Point residents - provided by Murrumbidgee Council
- Meals on Wheels - available Monday to Friday.
- Darlington Point - Cindy Eldridge, Ph: (02) 6960 5500
- Coleambally - Kerri Weymouth, Ph: 0427 600 971
- Home Modifications and Maintenance - all costs are assessed individually.
Level One Services - up to $7,500 in total value
- Grab rails, and hand-held showers
- Ramps, access rails, widening/lengthening of steps
- Replace bath with shower recess, remove shower hob
- Relocate toilet, hand basin
- Adjust hot water temperature
- Make cords and rugs safe for walking
- Raise chair and bed height
- Plumbing repairs - taps, cisterns, leaks and blockages
- Carpentry repairs - windows, doors, floors
- General home maintenance - gutters, fences, gates, paths and rubbish
- Roofing repairs - tiles, iron and flashings repair
- Minor electrical repairs - repair/replace power points, install sensor lights, fuses and stove elements
- Lawn maintenance and yard clean-up
- Contact: Cindy Eldridge, Coordinator, Murrumbidgee Council on (02) 6960 5500
- Community Transport (Bus) and assistance with non-emergency transport using (Council vehicle) >> Find out more.
- Respite Day Care/Group get-togethers
- Coleambally: Each Thursday from 10.30 am - 2.30 pm at the Town Hub. Contact: Coleambally Coordinator Kerri Weymouth on 0427 600 971
- Darlington Point: Currently unavailable. It is usually in the Function Room at the Darlington Point Club, which is on the corner of Kidman Way and DeMamiel Street, Darlington Point with morning tea and activities. Contact: Darlington Point Coordinator Cindy Eldridge on (02) 6968 4221
Staying Healthy and Active
The Health Promotion Team in the Southern NSW and Murrumbidgee Local Health Networks trains and provides support to community volunteers to run Tai Chi for Arthritis and Community Exercise classes on a not-for-profit basis.
The NSW Department of Health's Active and Healthy Website enables older people and health professionals to access exercise programs in their local community that promote a healthy lifestyle. All classes have been identified as falls safe activities.
By simply entering a suburb, the NSW Active and Healthy website easily identifies a list of exercise programs offered by local providers.
The website also offers:
- Simple Home Based Exercise tips
- A Health and Lifestyle Checklist
- Tips for staying active and healthy