Pre-Lodgement Advisory Service
If you are thinking of lodging an application for development, at Council we offer a pre lodgement development advisory service where you can meet with one of Council's development planning officers to discuss your proposal and find out about the process for obtaining a development approval.
This service includes preliminary advice on the matters you will need to address and the information and plans that are required to submit your development application.
Currently this service is free of charge and Council encourages you to take advantage of this to avoid delays in assessment and determination of applications.
Pre-lodgement meetings enable you to understand up front what is involved so that you are better placed to get your development approved quickly.
Preliminary advice can also be obtained by telephone.
Procedures for Applications for Development
Council uses electronic lodgement of Development Applications (DA), Construction Certificates (CC) and Complying Development Applications (CDC) through the NSW Planning Portal. This online service allows applicants to track their DA’s, CC’s and CDC’s and streamline the application process.
Applicants can create an account and then lodge their DA’s, CC’s and CDC’s. For further information or for assistance please contact our Planning & Environment Department staff.
The portal also has some great step by step guides available on their website including how to set up an account and lodge an application: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/support/how-guides
Council encourages all applicants to arrange a pre lodgement meeting with the Planning & Environment staff to ensure all required paperwork is ready before lodgement.
These are the steps you should follow:
- Contact our Development Team on 1300 676 243 to discuss your application and to obtain a fee quote.
- Visit the NSW Planning Portal to lodge your DA, CC or CDC online (see instructions below).
- Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
- Log in to complete the online application form.
- For DA’s and CC's you will need to submit a State of Environmental Effects, owner's consent, cost estimate report as well as all necessary plans and documents outlined in council’s applications checklist
- For CDC’s you will need to submit a certificate of title, site plan, design plans, structural plans and building specifications and applications checklist
- Once we receive your application, Council will do a preliminary assessment and contact you to arrange payment of fees or request additional information.
- Once Council is satisfied with the information provided and fees are paid, your application can be receipted.
- State of Environmental Effects Form
- Owner's Consent
- Applications checklist
- Install Manufactured Home Section 68 Approval Form
- "Your guide to the Development Application process - Small housing Development"
- Visit our Development Control Plans page to view relevant legislation and Development Control Plans for our Council area
- If you have made any political donations and will be lodging an application with Council, it is recommended you visit the following website to gain more information. http://www.elections.nsw.gov.au/fd
- For every property transaction you make, you need to think about tax implications. To help you to determine property related GST obligations, refer to the Property page on on the Australian Taxation Office website.
Applications made through the portal can be viewed here. Simply select Murrumbidgee Council from the drop down box.
Murrumbidgee Council, in partnership with Service NSW, is making it easy to do business, with streamlined forms and one phone number to help you fast track the approval process when opening a café, small bar or restaurant.
Through one online portal you will receive step-by-step guidance and support across local, state and federal government requirements, whether you wish to open, grow or finalise your business within Murrumbidgee Council. Learn more about Easy to do Business here.