Rates, Charges & Payments

When your rates are due

1st instalment is due the end of August   
2nd instalment is due the end of November  
3rd instalment is due the end of February  
4th instalment is due the end of May

Your rates notices include general rates and water rates.

When your water usage fees are due 

The billing cycles for our water usage fees are:

Darlington Point and Coleambally: quarterly
Jerilderie: biannually

Payment methods for your Rates and Water Usage fees

1. Direct Debit - Bendigo Bank

  • Account Name: Murrumbidgee Council
  • Bank Account BSB: 633-000
  • Bank Account Number: 146126420

2. By B-Pay

  • Biller code 4655 and the unique reference numbers on your rates and water notices

3. By credit card over the telephone

4. In person

Present your notice intact to a Customer Service staff member at one of our offices located in Coleambally, Darlington Point or Jerilderie. Payment may be made by cheque, cash or by EFTPOS.

5. Payment through the mail

If paying by cheque, please make payable to Murrumbidgee Council. Mail your payment to:

Murrumbidgee Council
PO Box 96 
Jerilderie  NSW  2716


Murrumbidgee Council
PO Box 5
Darlington Point  NSW 2706


Simply mail the tear-off slip from bottom of the rate or water notice with your cheque, and retain the top portion of your rate notice for your records.

Pensioner concession or rebate

Pensioner concession cardholders can claim rebates on their general rates, domestic waste, water and sewerage charges (under Section 575 of the Local Government Act, 1993).

To be an eligible pensioner, you must receive a pension from either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs, and be entitled to a pensioner concession card or Gold Card issued by the Commonwealth Government.

You can only claim a concession on the property if it is the sole or principal place you live.

Eligibility Requirements

  • You must own the dwelling for which a concession is sought and it must be occupied as your sole or principal place of residence.

  • You will be required to produce your pensioner concession card as proof of entitlement prior to gaining a pension rebate

  • Persons, who become eligible pensioners or cease to be eligible pensioners during the year, will be granted a concession proportionate to the number of full quarters in which they were eligible.

  • Where eligible pensioners share ownership with non-eligible pensioners, the amount of concession will also be determined on the proportionate equity in the property.

Applying for a Rebate

You can obtain a form by:

  • Downloading a Pensioner Rebate Application form.
  • Telephoning Council’s Rates Department to request a Pension Rebate Application form.
  • Calling into your local Council office with your current Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs card.

COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy

Council is concerned at the economic impacts of COVID-19 and the difficulties this may place on ratepayers, residents and businesses in paying rates, payments and other charges to Council. 

If you are experiencing genuine financial hardship, please contact our Rates team on 1300 676 243 for a confidential discussion and to arrange a payment plan.

This is in addition to Council's regular Rates and Hardship Policy.

Rates and Hardship Policy

Council has a policy for those who are experiencing financial hardship and are having difficulty paying rates and charges. 

Contact our office to discuss with a team member from the Rates team on 1300 676 243.

Change of Ownership or Address

It is important that any changes of ownership and address are received in writing. This ensures that the Council property records show the correct owners of the property and also the correct mailing address for the issue of the notices.

You can notify us of your change of address by mail or email to mail@murrumbidgee.nsw.gov.au 

Failure to advise Council of these changes may result in penalties such as interest charges being levied.

Land Values and Council Rates

The Valuer-General has published the fact sheet below to help explain the valuation system, it also includes their contact details for landholders to access more information or ask questions.

Land values and council rates

Valuer-General Newsletter >> Read more

Private works and sundry debtor payments

Payments may be made by direct debit (Bendigo Bank)

  • Account Name: Murrumbidgee Council
  • Bank Account BSB: 633-000
  • Bank Account Number: 146126420