Murrumbidgee East Ward By-Election

A by-election will be held in the Murrumbidgee East Ward area on Saturday, 10 March 2018 to elect one Councillor.

Non-residential Rolls

If you are an owner, rate-paying lessee, or occupier of rateable land which is not your primary residence, you or a nominee, may be entitled to be enrolled on the roll of non-residential owners of rateable land or the roll of occupiers and rate-paying lessees for this election.

Details of the eligibility criteria and enrolment claim forms may be obtained from the Murrumbidgee Council office at 35 Jerilderie Street,  Jerilderie NSW 2716,  phone (03) 5886 1200; fax (03) 5886 1701, or will be forwarded to you upon request to the Council.  Forms are also available by clicking the link below. 

Individual Claim Form

Nomination Claim Form

The claim must be completed and lodged with the General Manager of Murrumbidgee Council by 6pm Monday, 29 January 2018. Lodgement of forms must be to the Jerilderie Office:

by post: 35 Jerilderie Street, Jerilderie NSW 2716

by hand: 35 Jerilderie Street, Jerilderie NSW 2716

by fax: 03 58861701

by email:

If a claim for non-residential enrolment was made for a previous election and you wish to claim enrolment for this election you must re-apply.

Residential Roll

All electors enrolled on the Commonwealth/State electoral roll as at 6pm Monday, 29 January 2018 residing in Murrumbidgee  East Ward will be included on the roll for the election. To check your enrolment details or to obtain a residential enrolment form visit Verify Your Enrolment (Murrumbidgee Council By-Election) or call 1300 135 736. Enrolment forms are also available from any Australia Post office. Enrolment forms must be received by 6pm Monday, 29 January 2018.

Voting in Local Government elections is compulsory for all electors included on the residential roll.

Register as a third-party campaigner or candidate

If you intend to participate in the election as a third-party campaigner or candidate, there are strict rules you must understand and comply with before you accept political donations or incur campaign expenditure.

Register as a third-party campaigner

Before you spend more than $2,000 to promote or oppose a candidate or political party at the by-election you must register as a third-party campaigner with the NSW Electoral Commission, appoint an offi cial agent, and open a campaign account.
The last date for registration of third-party campaigners is Friday, 2 March 2018.
If you were registered as a third-party campaigner for a previous election, you must reapply to be registered for the by-election.

Register as a candidate

If you intend to contest the by-election as a candidate, you must register with the NSW Electoral Commission and appoint an official agent before accepting political donations or incurring campaign expenditure.
Registering for the election is a separate process to being nominated as a candidate for the election. To be nominated for the election, and have your name included on the ballot paper, you must also complete and submit a nomination form.
The last date for registration of candidates is Wednesday, 7 February 2018.
If you registered as a candidate for a previous election, you must reapply to be registered for the by-election.
Registration forms and other important nomination and electoral information are available from the NSW Electoral Commission website (Murrumbidgee Council By-Election). Candidate registration enquiries 1300 088 942.
Information: (Murrumbidgee Council By-Election) or 1300 135 736
For enquiries in languages other than English call our interpreting service on 13 14 50
For hearing and speech impaired enquiries, call us via the National Relay Service on 13 36 77

Murrumbidgee East Ward By-Election Calendar

Please find the By-Election Calendar below with important dates regarding opening and closing dates for the By-Election.

By-Election Calendar

Related Pages


Murrumbidgee Council's first Council Election was held on September 2017.

Becoming a Councillor

Local Government Elections are held every 4 years with the election of 9 Councillors for Murrumbidgee Council.

Councillor Disclosures

All local government candidates and groups have obligations under the Election Funding and Disclosures Act 1981 (the Act).

Wards Map