Public Swimming Pools
Murrumbidgee Council has public swimming pools at Coleambally, Darlington Point and Jerilderie.
The pools are now closed for the winter recess.
The Council offered free pool entry to all patrons for the 2020-21 and 2019-21 swimming seasons.
Swimming lessons - January 2022
Swim and Survive lessons are generally held at Coleambally, Darlington Point and Jerilderie pools in January of each year.
- Infant and preschool programs: $52 for 9 days and school age programs at $74 for 9 days.
- Dates: 11 January to 21 January 2021.
- Bookings open on 1 October 2020. You can book online at http://royalnsw.com.au/SWIM-AND-SURVIVE or call 02 9634 3700.
- The first 500 positions across all NSW programs will be subsidised so get in quick!
Hygiene and safety guidelines for using the swimming pools
Council asks all patrons to take the following steps for healthy swimming:
1. Don't swim if you have had diarrhoea in the past two weeks.
2. Do shower and wash thoroughly before entering the pool.
3. Don't swallow pool water as it may contain germs.
4. Do make sure your infant uses the toilet before entering the pool and wears tight-fitting waterproof pants or swimming nappies at all times. Change the nappies regularly (in the change room).
Read more: Clean Pools for Healthy Swimming Brochure
The Coleambally Swimming Pool includes a 25m lap and recreational pool and a shaded toddler's pool. The facility also includes change rooms and shaded picnic tables and BBQ.
The Darlington Point Swimming Pool includes a 25 metre lap and recreational pool, shaded medium pool, shaded toddler's pool.
This is an immaculate new facility, which is extremely popular with locals and visitors. It includes a new 25 metre, 6 lane lap and recreational pool. Children will have loads of fun in the shaded wader's pool, which has lovely water fountains. The facility also includes new amenities, shaded seating and a new BBQ.