All local government candidates and groups have obligations under the Election Funding and Disclosures Act 1981 (the Act).
The Funding and Disclosure Guide-Candidates, Groups and Official Agents at Local Government Elections is now available. The guide follows the election funding and disclosure timeline and provides candidates, groups and their official agents with information about their obligations under the Act and practical information about:
- registering as a candidate for a Local Government election or by-election;
- registering as a group for a Local Government election;
- appointing and registering an official agent;
- political donations;
- electoral expenditure;
- receiving political donations;
- campaign accounts;
- keeping records of political donations and electoral expenditure;
- disclosing political donations and electoral expenditure; and
- auditing of disclosures.
More information can be found on the Election funding Authority website
Members of the public may view the record of disclosures of a Councillor at the following webpage- EFA Search disclosures