Jerilderie Rates & Payments

Payment of Rates

1st instalment of rates is due end of August   
2nd instalment is due end of November  
3rd instalment is due end of February  
4th installment is due end of May

If you wish to pay your rates by Direct Debit use the assessment number from your rates notice as your reference


  • Account Name: Murrumbidgee Council
  • Bank Account BSB: 012-605
  • Bank Account Number: 2582 91079


Bendigo Bank

  • Account Name: Murrumbidgee Council
  • Bank Account BSB: 633-000
  • Bank Account Number: 146126420

Pensioner Concession/Rebate

Concessions are available for eligible pensioners. To be an eligible pensioner you must receive a pension from either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs, and be entitled to a pensioner concession card or Gold Card issued by the Commonwealth Government. You can only claim a concession on the property if it is the sole or principal place you live.

You need to complete a pensioner concession application form available from Council.

Pensioner Concession

Section 575 of the Local Government Act, 1993 allows pensioner concession cardholders to claim rebates on their general rates, domestic waste, water and sewerage charges.

Eligibility Requirements

  • You must own the dwelling for which a concession is sought and it must be occupied as your sole or principal place of residence.

  • You will be required to produce your pensioner concession card as proof of entitlement prior to gaining a pension rebate

  • Persons, who become eligible pensioners or cease to be eligible pensioners during the year, will be granted a concession proportionate to the number of full quarters in which they were eligible.

  • Where eligible pensioners share ownership with non-eligible pensioners, the amount of concession will also be determined on the proportionate equity in the property.

Applying for a Rebate

Contact Council’s Rates Department requesting a Pension Rebate Application form or simply call into the Council Office, 35 Jerilderie Street, Jerilderie NSW 2716 with your current Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs card.

Change of Ownership or Address

It is important that any changes of ownership and address are received in writing. This ensures that the Council property records show the correct owners of the property and also the correct mailing address for the issue of the notices. Change of address notifications can be forwarded to: Murrumbidgee Council PO Box 96 Jerilderie NSW 2716 or email to Failure to advise Council of these changes may result in penalties such as interest charges being levied.